About Me

My photo
I made my first quilt in 1973 while pregnant with my second daughter. My mother and grandmother both quilted but had not taught me, so I really began from scratch. I wanted a quilt to cover her bassinet, it was awful but it kept her head from rubbing the woven bassinet. My next attempt was a crib quilt for her but I had no one to tell me how large to make it. I measured the mattress and made it that size. Sunbonnet Sue and Overall Sam with no room to cover the baby. It just lays flat on the mattress. To say I have learned a lot, is an understatement.

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Happy New Year




Welcome to 2010! Did you see the ball drop in Times Square on New Year's Eve? It was beautiful. Well, I have decided that we cannot let the ball drop on a very good program this year. American Patchwork and Quilting is sponsoring a 1 million pillowcase challenge. The idea is to donate at least 1 million pillowcases to charity.




The Quilters Quarters is going to participate in the challenge and we invite you to join us. If you purchase one pillowcase kit from us at regular price, make a pillowcase and return it to us, we will give you a $5 gift certificate that can be used on anything in the store (excludes more pillowcase kits). You can return ANY pillowcase and as many pillowcases as you want.




The way it works is simple. Buy one, donate one, get $5. You may keep the ones you purchase for your personal use if you want to and use your stash to make the donation one. We don't care what fabric is donated so long as it is new cotton fabric. Use some of the stash that is sitting unloved on your shelves and get new for your use. The person who receives your pillowcase will love it as it will be new to them.




Want $100 in gift certificates? Order 20 kits, return 20 pillowcases and you will receive $100 to spend on anything in the shop (excluding pillowcase kits).




Let's see how much good we can do for those who need it. We will start with the local shelter for donations and if we fill their needs, we will move on the other charitable organizations. The sky is the limit on this one. Make a new one for each of your children and grandchildren, donate one each of their names.




We will be adding new kits each day or you can just tell us you want a "1 Million Pillowcase Kit" and we will choose a pretty one for you.




Join us to have some fun and make some people very happy. This is an on-going project for the entire year of 2010!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers