About Me

My photo
I made my first quilt in 1973 while pregnant with my second daughter. My mother and grandmother both quilted but had not taught me, so I really began from scratch. I wanted a quilt to cover her bassinet, it was awful but it kept her head from rubbing the woven bassinet. My next attempt was a crib quilt for her but I had no one to tell me how large to make it. I measured the mattress and made it that size. Sunbonnet Sue and Overall Sam with no room to cover the baby. It just lays flat on the mattress. To say I have learned a lot, is an understatement.

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Black Friday? Not at The Quilters Quarters

The day after Thanksgiving is unfortunately called "Black Friday". This name really means that the retail stores can be "in the black" for the season with all the sales, but it sounds so negative. I think a lot of folks think it means because of the crowds shopping, it is a black day indeed.

At The Quilters Quarters, we think of the day after Thanksgiving as a technicolor day. The shop originally opened on the day after Thanksgiving in 1996, 13 years ago. A lot of people thought I was crazy to do that since so many people hit the malls to shop, they figured I would not have anyone show up for the opening of my little quilt shop. They were wrong.

I soon learned that there are a lot of people like me, who would rather take a beating with a rubber hose than go to a mall on the day after Thanksgiving. A visit to a pleasant, easy going quilt shop is far superior to that frenzy.

We have come a very long way in the past 13 years and it is all thanks to you. On official Thanksgiving day, we will enjoy time with our family in the normal way, but on Friday, we enjoy the gift of your friendship and loyalty for all these years (and all year round). That is truly Thanksgiving at The Quilters Quarters.

Join us if you can for a quiet day, come and sew if you want, visit, chat, enjoy some warm apple cider and cookies. Relax and just enjoy the company of other quilters.

Thanks to you, we continue to grow and quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers