About Me

My photo
I made my first quilt in 1973 while pregnant with my second daughter. My mother and grandmother both quilted but had not taught me, so I really began from scratch. I wanted a quilt to cover her bassinet, it was awful but it kept her head from rubbing the woven bassinet. My next attempt was a crib quilt for her but I had no one to tell me how large to make it. I measured the mattress and made it that size. Sunbonnet Sue and Overall Sam with no room to cover the baby. It just lays flat on the mattress. To say I have learned a lot, is an understatement.

Monday, January 25, 2010

Retreat from Old Man Winter


Have you had enough winter? I certainly have. I am ready for a great retreat. Someplace I can eat a lot of good food, go and sew all day, eat a lot of good food, shop for great things, eat a lot of good food; did I mention eat even more CHOCOLATE?








Have you signed up for such a thing? I have! The Legendary Quilting Retreat is a happening place on March 5-7 at The Great Wolf Lodge in Kansas City. Join us for all the fun.















You will check in on Friday afternoon to a beautiful room that includes a microwave, refrigerator, tv and full sofa, plus a balcony, and then sew all evening. On Saturday you can sew all day on your own project or you may participate in the FREE Mystery Class taught by our own Dana Brue (Dana is from Atlanta and if she does not have you speaking Southern before the day is over, you are never going to learn!). She is a delightful person and a great teacher. You will be provided fabric requirements and cutting directions ahead of time so you may use your personal collection of fabrics or choose from one of three kits we will be offering.





In the evening you may sew if you choose or you may come to the shop for an all-out Death By Chocolate desert event. We will have lots of fun things for you at the shop including discounts and special items. Not to mention more chocolate than anyone needs. (humm, did someone say wine?????)


On Sunday you may sew all morning or try to work off some of that chocolate by shopping around The Legends shopping area.










The Great Wolf Lodge is providing special pricing on all the Spa treatments for our retreat members and The Legends' shops will provide you with many discounts for their best shops and restaurants.


Each participant will receive a new tote from The Quilters Quarters that will be filled with fun quilting items as well as a FREE QUILT KIT (just in case you run out of anything to sew on).


Space is limited so don't wait too long to sign up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers