About Me

My photo
I made my first quilt in 1973 while pregnant with my second daughter. My mother and grandmother both quilted but had not taught me, so I really began from scratch. I wanted a quilt to cover her bassinet, it was awful but it kept her head from rubbing the woven bassinet. My next attempt was a crib quilt for her but I had no one to tell me how large to make it. I measured the mattress and made it that size. Sunbonnet Sue and Overall Sam with no room to cover the baby. It just lays flat on the mattress. To say I have learned a lot, is an understatement.

Monday, January 11, 2010











Do you ever wonder what a group of quilt shop employees do in their spare time? For Christmas this year the staff and I adopted a family from a local charity organization and began to be Santa's for this young family. The father (21) had just lost his job and the mom (20) was a stay-at-home mom with two small girls (18 months and 2 1/2). We had a ball shopping for these people.








When we had our staff dinner at my house, we wrapped all the gifts and had them ready to deliver the next week. One of the staff even donated a beautiful wooden rocking horse that was her grandson's. She said it had no one to ride it and she knew it would be well loved in its new home.








These ladies were more than generous with their time and money and hopefully, helped make the holidays happier for a young family. I am posting photos of the wrapping party.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers