About Me

My photo
I made my first quilt in 1973 while pregnant with my second daughter. My mother and grandmother both quilted but had not taught me, so I really began from scratch. I wanted a quilt to cover her bassinet, it was awful but it kept her head from rubbing the woven bassinet. My next attempt was a crib quilt for her but I had no one to tell me how large to make it. I measured the mattress and made it that size. Sunbonnet Sue and Overall Sam with no room to cover the baby. It just lays flat on the mattress. To say I have learned a lot, is an understatement.

Friday, April 16, 2010

EASY BREEZY QUILTIN'

Now that Spring has finally arrived, most of us want to spend some time in our gardens. However, we do not want to stop quilting. So how do we do it all?

I think we do it the easy way. We purchase plants at the nursery rather than starting our gardens from seeds and get new hanging baskets rather than trying to do them ouselves. (At least that is how I simplify my gardening and insure it has a better chance of living).

Quilting is no different. We can simplify. We have found several easy breezy patterns that take only one yard of five different fabrics each. We then put together numerous combinations of colors to make it even easier to do.








These quilts take very little time and effort yet yield a great quilt. This is a good way to knock out some of those graduation quilts, maybe one for Mother's Day. They truly are fast and fun. I made one in an evening. The colors we selected are also indicative of a garden in full bloom.









They will be like potato chips, you cannot have only one.















No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers