About Me

My photo
I made my first quilt in 1973 while pregnant with my second daughter. My mother and grandmother both quilted but had not taught me, so I really began from scratch. I wanted a quilt to cover her bassinet, it was awful but it kept her head from rubbing the woven bassinet. My next attempt was a crib quilt for her but I had no one to tell me how large to make it. I measured the mattress and made it that size. Sunbonnet Sue and Overall Sam with no room to cover the baby. It just lays flat on the mattress. To say I have learned a lot, is an understatement.

Tuesday, November 10, 2009



Have you seen the new Patriotic Gammill? This was created to honor the Quilts For Valor association. This is such a beautiful machine, more beautiful are the many, many volunteers who spend their time making quilts for soldiers wounded while defending our freedom.



As our country is in mourning for the soldiers who were killed or wounded at Ft. Hood, I pray we keep all service men and women in our hearts and prayers. We owe a debt we could never repay.


Thank you to those who serve and those who care for them.

1 comment:

Followers