About Me

My photo
I made my first quilt in 1973 while pregnant with my second daughter. My mother and grandmother both quilted but had not taught me, so I really began from scratch. I wanted a quilt to cover her bassinet, it was awful but it kept her head from rubbing the woven bassinet. My next attempt was a crib quilt for her but I had no one to tell me how large to make it. I measured the mattress and made it that size. Sunbonnet Sue and Overall Sam with no room to cover the baby. It just lays flat on the mattress. To say I have learned a lot, is an understatement.

Monday, November 15, 2010

I promised you more photos from the Veteran's Day Parade. These are some really nice shots of the activities and the great ideas that went into the making of this tribute to our Veterans.
Yes, we honor ALL vets, even those from the very beginning.
Here is a pretty good indication of where Leavenworth fits into the scheme of things with regard to the military. If you cannot read the sign it says "35 Leavenworth High School students have attained the rank of General".
Here Kathy is leaving a group of soldiers after presenting another quilt.
This car, driven by my friend John Harris, honors the POWs and MIAs from Vietnam.
This is a very graphic display for the POWs and MIAs.
And in closing, the symbolic 'fly over' of jets in honor of our military.
As you can tell, this was a very impressive parade, as it always is. But more importantly, an impressive tribute to the military.
Home of the free, because of the brave.
Thank you.











No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers