About Me

My photo
I made my first quilt in 1973 while pregnant with my second daughter. My mother and grandmother both quilted but had not taught me, so I really began from scratch. I wanted a quilt to cover her bassinet, it was awful but it kept her head from rubbing the woven bassinet. My next attempt was a crib quilt for her but I had no one to tell me how large to make it. I measured the mattress and made it that size. Sunbonnet Sue and Overall Sam with no room to cover the baby. It just lays flat on the mattress. To say I have learned a lot, is an understatement.

Tuesday, March 9, 2010


We have returned from our Legendary Quilt Retreat at the Great Wolf Lodge. We are all a little sleep deprived but happy campers. What a fun group.




The group worked on their individual projects on Friday after arriving and getting all set up. The room was very nice, large and with great lighting. Marilynn did not like her chair but that did not stop her for a minute: she went next door to Nebraska Furniture and purchased a nice bright blue office chair and got back to business. Now that is a flexible quilter.






Tracey and Pam from Iowa were the last to arrive, even though they began their journey at 7 AM. Can we say "shop hopping across three states" to get here? Needless to say, they were fired up and ready to sew. And sew they did. Pam finished two tops she brought with her, the mystery quilt class, and cut out two more projects before leaving. She would have cut one more she picked up on the way to the retreat, however the quilt shop from which she purchased the kit did not include any directions for the kit (what's up with that?).




Most of the quilters got at least most of their mystery quilt completed. Those that did not complete it had all the parts ready to sew together. What fun and what a lovely array of quilts.




(The sign says: "The Wicked Witch Died A Death by Chocolate at The Quilters Quarters)



Death by Chocolate!



What more can we say. Everyone came back to the shop on Saturday night for this. As you can see, Dana outdid herself with the desserts. There was enough food for an Army but we gave it our best effort. The cake was beautiful and the chocolate dipped strawberries were yummy. She even made chocolate cups filled with chocolate mousse. We felt like just rolling back to the hotel after all that.

The quilt in the backdrop is "White Chocolate" by my friend Deb.


(kit available)

Some sewed well into the night, I think the last person closed the room at 2 AM. Sunday morning after a big brunch, we were all back in the sewing room trying to complete the last few seams.




Connie was the winner of the $100 Spa gift certificate at the Lodge and Marilyn was the Queen and Her Court quilt. I think they were happy campers.




Those who took advantage of the spa facilities told me it was a very good massage (Marilyn must have really liked it as she went for two massages....lucky girl).




All in all, we are fired up and ready to do it again next year. Be certain to watch for the dates and plan to sign up early.

1 comment:

  1. OK, I'm going next year. Ya'll had just a little bit too much fun and chocolate without me. And ooh la la, the massage.
    Betty

    ReplyDelete

Followers